From the EV Grieve inbox...
Please join our 9th Street A-1 Block Association Block Party!
9th Street between 1st Avenue and Avenue A
Saturday, September 17th, 11 am – 5 pm (no rain date)
Live Music (from noon - 4 pm) featuring:
• Cracked Latin – hybrid psychedelic latin salsa band
• Serena Jean Southam – country rock singer-songwriter
• Star '69 – Grateful Dead Tribute Band
• Primativa in Hi-Fi – (DJs) – Electrolounge, Bossa Nova, Nova Bossa and similarly sultry soundtracks
• Bird Love – Indie / Post Punk / Rock
with more bands to come!
Resident artists, crafts people, and photographers will be showing and selling their work, and residents will be selling a la "stoop sale" — antiques, bric-a-brac, clothing, accessories, music, jewelry, etc.
Raffles for gifts, discounts, or coupons from block businesses
Block businesses include:
• Autumn Skateboards, Bridal Veil Falls, Cloak & Dagger boutique, Dorian Grey Gallery, Dusty Buttons vintage boutique, Enchantments, Flower Power (herbs), M Sonii (boutique), Ollie's Place (cat adoption), Pink Olive (gifts), Polytima (jewelry), Pork Pie Hatterie, Puppy Love Kitty Kat (pet supplies), Tae with Jane (boutique), The Upper Rust (antiques)
• Restaurants: Dirt Candy, Good Beer, I Coppi, Itzocan, Kajitsu, Whitman's, Zucker Bakery
• Hair Salons/Barbers: Lovemore & Do, Maria Mok Salon, Neighborhood Barber, Ueno Salon