[Photo via @mobirmingham]
There was a report of a fire last evening after 10 p.m. at 630 E. Ninth St. … in the building adjacent to La Plaza Cultural on Avenue C …
MAN ALL HANDS 630 E 9 ST, FIRE ON TOP FLR REAR,— FDNY (@FDNY) October 24, 2015
The FDNY quickly had the situation under control… as a reader told us, a candle burning by the curtain and bed in a fifth-floor apartment in the rear of the building was to blame. No reports of injuries, though there is water damage down to the second floor in the rear apartments.