The East Village Independent Merchants Association (EVIMA) is hosting its third annual holiday shopping event ALL DAY Saturday, Dec. 10. East Villagers are encouraged to shop local and support small business owners, in exchange for special discounts, promotions and in-store treats.
EVIMA will also host a holiday party at Jimmy’s No. 43 from 4-6 PM, where shoppers can enter a special Grab Bag raffle with treats from EVIMA members. Shoppers will receive one raffle ticket for every store they shop using a special passport card they can pick up at participating stores.
Residents can also pick up their FREE copy of the recently launched EVill Card, the first east village discount card designed by merchants for residents. The card, launched in late October, is a free resource for all residents of the East Village. Card owners access special discounts and deals throughout the year from an ever-growing list of participating merchants. For more info on the EVill card, click here.
Participating merchant list:
• Anthony Aiden Opticians — Free eye exam with purchase and 15% off complete set of eye glasses all weekend
• B&H Dairy — 10% off breakfast, lunch and dinner all day
• Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks — 10% all day and have in-store carolers
• Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo Academy — $150 for 100 days of unlimited classes or $80 per month for 1 weekend class per week (6 month contract)
• East Village Vintage Collective — 15% off store-wide and some mulled cider
• Exit 9 Gift Emporium — 15% off in store to anyone who mentions the shopping event
• La Sirena Mexican Gifts — 10% off day of event
• Lucky on B — Free "holiday shot" with purchase
• New York Copy & Print — Spend $100 get 20% off
• Pageant Print Shop — 10% off in store to those who mention the promotion
• Parlor — 15% off all Aveda products & complimentary Holiday make-up tips with Christopher from 3-6pm
• Random Accessories — 15% off plus some sweet treats
• Three Seat Espresso & Barber — buy 1 coffee get one free through Dec. 11