Location: Avenue A between Ninth Street and 10th Street.
Sunday, November 20, 2022
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Reps from the the Lower East Side Ecology Center will be on Avenue A (between Ninth Street and 10th Street) today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ... where they'll be accepting your old (or new maybe) electronics.
And as noted on Friday, here's the list of items they'll accept during the e-waste-apalooza:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Monitors (CRT and flatscreen)
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and e-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• Printers under 100 pounds, scanners, fax-machines, etc
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, DVD & Blu-ray Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Video games
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
There are some e-waste items that we accept, but we charge a recycling fee for:
Media such as CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, and cassette tapes
Computer battery backup systems (Uninterruptible Power Supply [UPS])
FAQ page here.