This Saturday December 3, 2022 from 10AM-4PM at Gethsemane Garden Baptist Church 223 East 7 Street New York, NY 10009 we will be giving cash for guns at our Gun Buy Back. No questions asked. No current or retired law enforcement. Let’s come together as a community. pic.twitter.com/ZbE9qDOFnF— NYPD 9th Precinct (@NYPD9Pct) November 29, 2022
Saturday, December 3, 2022
EVG Etc.: Remembering Aline Kominsky-Crumb; artists raising money for Ukraine
Some recent headlines from other sources include...
• Remembering Aline Kominsky-Crumb (The New Yorker ... The Associated Press ... Artforum)
• The Times talked with several men who said they were drugged at gay bars in the city, including the Boiler Room on Fourth Street; the NYPD is now investigating two recent deaths as homicides (The New York Times)
• Mayor Adams faces backlash for move to involuntarily hospitalize unhoused people (NPR) ... What forced hospitalization feels like in New York City (Gothamist)
• This pop-up gallery on 13th Street features the work of Ukrainian artists to help raise money to aid the resistance against the Russian invasion (ABC 7)
• Pinky's Space on First Street has filed paperwork with intent to sue the city after the removal of its sidewalk structure (Eater ... previously on EVG)
• The MTA says it needs new sources of income (The City)
• A recap of the community meeting in Tompkins Square Park on Nov. 17 (The Village Sun... previously on EVG)
• The Wafra Group sold The Nathaniel at 138 E. 12th St. and Third Avenue to the Westover Companies for $56.8 million, roughly 42 percent less than the $98.3 million it paid for the luxury rental building in 2015 (The Real Deal)
• Screenings in the "Four Weeks of Christmas" series include "Gremlins" and "Meet Me in St. Louis" (Village East by Angelika)
• The Klezmatics Hanukkah Show is Dec. 11 at Drom on Avenue A (Official site)
• How LES mainstay Economy Candy keeps up with consumer trends (Retail TouchPoint)
... and happening today...