Thursday, September 15, 2022
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Saturday, July 16, 2022
Friday, June 3, 2022
The theme of the 2022 Festival is Mother Earth/Nature.The festival will present six 30-minute plays performed in two community gardens. Three plays will be performed on Saturdays, June 4 & 11 at 6B Garden, on the corner of Avenue B and Sixth Street ... and three different plays will be presented on Sundays, June 5 & 12 at Green Oasis Garden, 370 E. Eighth St. between Avenue C and Avenue D.A set of three plays will be performed twice on Saturdays from 2-7 p.m., and twice on Sundays from 2-7 p.m. Each program will be repeated the following weekend, Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12.This inaugural Theater Festival is curated by Penny Arcade, Erez Ziv, Riki Colon, Roman Primitivo Albear, Bonnie Sue Stein and Charles Krezell.
Everyone is welcome! We are hoping for great audiences to experience Free Theater in our community gardens!
Friday, May 20, 2022
Thursday, April 21, 2022
Join LUNGS NYC for the 9th Annual Spring Awakening. The parade kicks off from El Sol Brillante Community Garden (12th Street between A and B) at noon and continues to Avenue B Open Streets, where we'll celebrate until 5 p.m. with pop-up gardens, pony rides, presentations and more.
• Bio Bus Lab: Scientists help participants investigate the environment through a different lens, and develop scientific reasoning skills in a mobile biology lab set-up• Black Cowboys of Brooklyn: Children are invited to enjoy activities and pony rides from 1:30 – 4:30 pm. The Black Cowboys of Brooklyn are committed to sharing Black Cowboy culture and heritage with children in urban environments.• Citizens' Climate Lobby: Learn about respectfully engaging elected officials, community leaders and the public on the best solutions for climate change. Children are invited to make climate change postcards.• FABnyc/East Village Community Coalition: Participate in arts and culture workshop led by a team of artists and organizers working to preserve, strengthen, and grow the cultural vibrancy of the Lower East Side.• Materials for the Arts: Materials for the Arts will have a booth set up where everyone can make their own art pieces out of an inspiring selection of found objects and re-used materials including hundreds of leftover shiny CDs. People can make puppets, wands, and whatever else their imagination decides upon at this art-making station that celebrates sustainable strategies.
Sunday, April 3, 2022
Spring has Sprung!— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) April 1, 2022
Community gardens are the green gems of so many communities across the city.
That’s why I was thrilled to announce funding from the infrastructure law we passed that will support 260 community gardens across all five boroughs! pic.twitter.com/HStgZMJ2UL
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Sunday, October 31, 2021
- All day: Haunted Adventure Garden and Rat Race Maze, featuring mystic fortune telling, face painting, the world-famous Rat Race of Capitalism Maze, and thrilling coffin rides — bring the kids
- 1:30 p.m.: Spooky sounds with the brass-tastical Dead Ghoultastical Eek-chestra
- 4 p.m.: Spine-tingling tunes from Pinc Louds
- 6 p.m.: Macabre dance performance with Masse dancers
- 7:30 p.m.: "Ill Angels Only" horror film fest
Thursday, October 28, 2021
An Even Queerer Rendition Than The Movie
If you know the 1968 film directed by Anthony Harvey you know the over the top performances delivered by Katharine Hepburn, Peter O’Toole, Anthony Hopkins and budding stud Timothy Dalton. Director and artist par excellence tops the dark comedy in performance, and by delivery of the original script as written, historically based while hilariously anachronous.
Admission is by suggested donation of $20 with no one turned away for lack of funds. Proceeds will benefit the play's presenter Le Petit Versailles and the hosting Green Oasis Community Garden.
The performance represents the first collaboration in cultural programming between the two community gardens and the last major presentation of LPV's 2020 season. The fundraising compliments Allied Productions' celebration of its 40th year in serving the public through its support of the development of experimental art and progressive culture.Find more info, including cast and credits, at this link. Directed by Bizzy Barefoot.
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Saturday, October 9, 2021
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Sunday, September 26, 2021
Check the LUNGS website here for the day-by-day, garden-by-garden schedule. There's a lot of free live music on the calendar for today (Sunday!).
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Check the LUNGS website here for the day-by-day, garden-by-garden schedule.
Friday, September 10, 2021
Help us celebrate fifty years of serving the community and welcoming strangers to our small miracle: a picturesque garden that grew from rubble. Sit on welcoming benches, stroll on meandering paths, enjoy the tall trees, rustic walls, and shrubbery, and delight, as many birds do, in this small spot of nature we all need and love.And as Ramones fans likely know... East Village-based photographer Roberta Bayley shot the Ramones here for PUNK magazine... an iconic image used for their debut record in 1976.