[File photo via Shawn Chittle]
Word is spreading among Odessa Cafe and Bar regulars that the space on Avenue A will close for good after Aug. 15.
The closure rumors started last summer after the building at No. 117 was sold to 9300 Realty (owned by Croman Realty).
Paperwork filed ahead of this month's CB3/SLA committee meeting showed that six principals are part of a team who is buying the business ... at least one of which is a "former owner and general manager" of Tribeca's Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs, according to public documents posted on the CB3 website.
And CB3 OK'd the applicant's license, with the stipulations:
• it will operate as a full-service American brasserie restaurant, with a kitchen open and serving
food during all hours of operation,
• its hours of operation will be 11:00 A.M. to 4:00 A.M. all days,
• it will play recorded music at less than entertainment level, and not have live music, DJs,
promoted events, scheduled performances or any event at which a cover fee will be charged,
• it will close any façade doors and windows at 10:00 P.M. every night,
• it will not commercially use any outdoor areas,
• it may have "happy hours" from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.,
• it will not host pub crawls or party buses
The closure of Odessa Cafe and Bar does not impact the newer Odessa next door at 119 Avenue A... though we hear this Odessa will have more of a bar environment now later in the evening hours.
Previously on EV Grieve:
Building that houses Odessa Cafe and Bar for sale on Avenue A
Is the end nearing for Odessa Cafe and Bar on Avenue A?
Former GM from Tribeca's Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs part of team to buy the Odessa Cafe