The CB3/SLA docket is now live... and it's pretty lean — 16 items in all.
And, for people curious about a new place from Mars Bar owner Hank Penza, there's nothing on this agenda that fits that description ...
The meeting is next Monday at 6:30 pm — JASA/Green Residence - 200 East 5th Street at Bowery
And now a few of the items of interest:
Renewals with complaints
• Heathers, (Ariel, Inc) 506 E 13 st (op)
Heathers went before the CB3/SLA committee in September 2009 ... and there was a lengthy discussion. The Times checked in with a lengthy article in January 2007 about the ongoing noise issues between the bar and neighbors.
Owner Heather Millstone opened Veronica People's Club in Greenpoint last summer.
Applications within Resolution Areas
• St. Marks Red House, TDD & G LLC, 126 St Marks Pl (wb)
The former Why? Curry space ... now Lychee... soon to be called The East Village Red House. We'll have more on this one later.
• Preserve 24 (Aegis Holding Houston LLC), 175-177 E. Houston St (alt/op)
• BOP (Peels) Radley Realty Corp, 325 Bowery (alt,reorg)
New Liquor License Applications
• Plump Dumpling (Big Dumpling Corp), 174 2nd Ave (op)
The Plumpsters, who brought in Yummy House, are looking to serve alcohol ...
• Basketball City, Ark Basketball City Corp, Pier 36 at 299 South St (op)
Wow. This one will whip up some drama. This is the former Office of Emergency Management ... The Lo-Down has background on this controversial rec center...
• TBD, Asian Chef Express Inc, 96 3rd Ave (wb)
• TBD, Ichibantei LLC, 401 E 13th St (wb)
This is the the eatery that serves a range of Japanese "soul food" just east off First Avenue ...
• Hot Kitchen (Hot Kitchen Inc ), 104 2nd Ave (wb)
This is the former Matsukado ... that closed six months after taking over the old Baluchi's space ... Hot Kitchen? Perhaps this will be the "modern Australian" place from Morgan McGlone, the former private chef and caterer on the Upper East Side?
• Quality Meats Downtown (Mozzarella Sticks LLC), 199 Bowery (op)
BoweryBoogie has the scoop on what's in the works for this place.