In August, the SLA & DCA Licensing Committee is the only Community Board 3 group to meet... on Aug. 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the usual place — JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. Fifth St. at Bowery.
Given the number of applicants, they may need to meet twice in August... there are 45 items in total. (Last August, there were just 16.)
Everyone wants a piece of the East Village Gold Rush... there's no stopping this until every business is a bar. Doesn't it seem that way? It's beyond out of hand.
Here's a look at just some East Village-related items... we don't have much information about any of these applicants just yet... The full rundown is at the CB3 website.
Renewal with Complaint History
• Affaire (Chow Main Corp), 240 E 4th St (aka 50 Ave B) (op)
• The Delancey (ADR Restaurant Inc), 168 Delancey St (op)
• UCB East (Upright Citizens Brigade East Village LLC), 155 E 3rd St (wb)
Sidewalk Café Application
• Mary Anns's (Vargomez Corp), 300 E 5th St
• Bareburger (Bare City Two LLC), 85 2nd Ave
Applications within Resolution Areas
• To be Determined, 172 Ave B (op)
This the is the rumored BBQ place coming to the former Mercadito Cantina space...
• Urge (Prince 28 LLC), 14 Ave B (op)
Ugh. No one will give up trying this space between East Second Street and Houston. CB3 shot down applicants hoping to open various clubs and brewpubs here in the past...
• Croissanteria (Croissanteria Inc), 68 Ave A (wb)
As mentioned yesterday...
• Caffe Buon Gusto (Ave B Buon Gusto Corp), 76 Ave B (wb)
They've been touting a bring your own bottle policy since opening...
• Seiei LLC, 130 St Marks Pl (wb)
• NY Tofu House (6 St Marks Restaurant LLC), 6 St Marks Pl (wb/convert storage to dining room)
• Goat Town (511 E 5th St LLC), 511 E 5th St (op/extend front window hours)
• Lakeside Lounge (La Ritt Inc), 162-164 Ave B (op/add bar)
New Liquor License Applications
• Hi Collar (Sobaya Restaurant Inc), 214 E 10th St (wb)
The former Rai Rai Ken space...
• Café Himalaya (Norsang Café Inc), 78 E 1st St (wb)
• Shanasheel Corp, 124 E 4th St (wb)
This is the former Social Tees space... they moved to East Second Street last December...
• Ramen and Gyoza House Zen 6 (Zen 6 LLC), 328 E 6th St (wb)
• To be Determined, 224 E 10th St (wb)
Merciel is the boutique that sold wedding dresses... they recently closed, and something booze-related hopes to take its place.
• To be Determined, 139 E 12th St (wb)
Something coming to the long-closed D&M Convenience store at Third Avenue.
• Alder Restaurant LLC, 157 2nd Ave (op)
Hmm... this is the address for Plum Pizzeria and Bar...
• Feast (Two Guize LLC), 102 3rd Ave (op)
The New York Central Framing Annex has moved around the corner to East 12th Street... and a restaurant-bar is in the works for the old space...
• The Sterling Room, 189 E 3rd St (op)
This is the Le Caire Lounge space...
• To be Determined, 179 E 3rd St (wb)
Something in the works for the string of newly remodeled storefronts between Avenue A and Avenue B...
• To be Determined, 79 St Marks Pl (op)
Something new for the former Typhoon Lounge space... which closed in March.
Corporate Change (not heard at committee)
• Flea Market (Alouette Corp), 131 Ave A (op)
We discussed this matter back here.
• Spice Cove (CNR Enterprises NY Inc), 326 E 6th St (wb)
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations |up=upgrades