First! The meeting is Monday, Oct. 17 at 6:30 pm at the JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. Fifth St. at the Bowery...
And now, some of the agenda items above Houston (a fairly slim list at 23 applicants in total — might get out by 1 a.m.!)
Applications within Resolution Areas
• U2 Café (JDY Café Inc), 6 St Marks Pl (wb)
I've honestly lost track of the comings-and-goings at the former Mondo Kim's space.
• Yankee Pizza Restaurant Inc, 181 Ave C aka 647 E 11th St (wb)
A scratch from last month. Part of the growing Yankee Deli empire.
• SRI Padmavati Corp, 115 Ave C (op)
This is the former Porch space, which we reported is moving to another part of the city. Rumor is an Indian restaurant is opening here.
• Fonda Avenue B LLC, 40 Ave B (op)
This space previously housed Octavia's Porch. Will be "contemporary Mexican." UPDATED: The Local's Daniel Maurer notes that this is from the same folks behind the Fonda of Park Slope helmed by Roberto Santibañez, formerly the culinary director for the Rosa Mexicano restaurants.
• Jane's Sweet Buns (DeRossi Chelsea LLC), 102 St Marks Pl (wb)
Wine and beer to pair with the dessert, right?
• Bobwhite Lunch and Supper Counter, 94 Ave C (wb)
Interesting... this is the former Singas Pizza... (and before that, Joselito's, who moved to Avenue D.) Anyway, that name sounds awfully precious.
New Liquor License Applications
• Ichibantei LLC, 401 E 13th St (wb)
This is the the eatery that serves a range of Japanese "soul food" just east off First Avenue. A scratch from August.
• Rai Rai Ken (Tokyo Mama Inc), 218 E 10th St (wb)
Looks like the former Teriyaki Boy will become part of Rai Rai Ken's expansion.
• Kotobuki (Kotobuki Manhattan Inc), 54-56 3rd Ave (wb)
Looks like we have a taker for the long-dormant space that previously housed Lan between 10th and 11th Street...
• Shoolbred's, 197 2nd Ave (op)
• Golden Cadillac, 446-448 E 13th St (op)
This is the address for Mug Lounge, which has been for sale.
• To be Determined, 351 E 12th St (op)
Not much to go on. But this is the address for Resto Leon. Which was rumored to be for sale, per Grub Street.
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations |up=upgrades