Image via @PIX11News
Here are the latest headlines on the water crisis at the Jacob Riis Houses on Avenue D.
As previously reported, residents were told Friday night not to drink or cook with tap water after tests revealed traces of arsenic. The City said that NYCHA officials learned about the contamination two weeks earlier and did not notify residents. NYCHA officials have vehemently denied that claim. NYC has distributed bottled water to the nearly 2,600 residents in the complex between Sixth Street and 13th Street.
• NYCHA Water Mess Stretches Into 5th Day as Arsenic Test Results Pend (NBC New York)
• Mayor Adams Promises ‘Thorough’ Look at How His Team Handled Riis Arsenic Discovery (The City)
• East Village Public Housing Residents Want Answers After Arsenic Found in Water (Gothamist)
• Carlina Rivera Discusses Jacob Riis Houses Water Issues (NY1)
• NYCHA Must Rebuild Trust After Arsenic Found in Water: Jumaane Williams (PIX11)