Saturday, July 16, 2011

A few scenes from Tompkins Square Park today

Photos by Bobby Williams.


Anonymous said...

I'm at 128 1st Avenue and our building has not had gas for a few months now due to the super slow process of replacing the pipes. There's barely any work being done.

Does anybody know where I could file a complaint (preferably anonymous) with the city? I wanna cook again!

Ken from Ken's Kitchen said...

You can't complain anonymously.

If you still want to proceed, first contact your landlord or mgmt company about the no-gas problem.

If the problem persists, call the city's quality of life hotline (311) to file a complaint. The operator will help you do that and will provide you with a complaint number to do follow-up. The city should contact your landlord about your complaint, but don't count on it. Keep on the case, keep inquiring with 311 about your complaint. Eventually a city inspector could show up to verify your complaint and then start issuing summonses.

If you live in a rent regulated apartment, you can also contact the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) about filing a decrease of services complaint to get a rent reduction for the period of time you have been without gas.

The fact that you want to do this anonymously suggests that you're probably not rent regulated. If that's the case, good luck.