Wednesday, July 20, 2011
By now, of course, you know that the Mars Bar has closed. The City inspected the place on Monday afternoon and found a lot of fruit flies — like 850! (How precise is this number?)
Anyway! The DOH has finally updated its website with the report... we were a little curious about all this... How bad was it?
Well, 54 total violation points. Not in Fu Sushi's league.
To the report!
Establishment Closed by DOHMH. Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed. ("Critical" violations are displayed in red.)
1) Food Protection Certificate not held by supervisor of food operations.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
4) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
5) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
6) Proper sanitization not provided for utensil ware washing operation.
Stupid watermelon vodka!