Thursday, June 9, 2016
[Image via LoopNet]
Hakata Hot Pot and Sushi Lounge, housed in the retail spaces at 58 St. Mark's Place between First Avenue and Second Avenue, closed at the end of February.
In a message on Facebook, the owners said that they had lost their lease. (Hakata Hot Pot combined with sister restaurant Zen 6 the next block to the west at 31 St. Mark's Place.)
The two spaces are now on the market. According to the listing at Sinvin, the 1,400-square-foot space can be leased separately or together. Each space is asking $9,500; $19,000 for the whole thing.
Some bullet sales points:
• Charming intimate spaces for restaurants or coffee shops
• Brick walls & wood floors
• As of right, space for two tables in front of each store
• Landlord presenting each as a vanilla box
• Restaurant ready with venting, grease trap, 200 am electric panel, HVAC, and stubbed for gas and plumbing
• Wine & beer only, next to a church
Raphael Toledano became the building's landlord last fall.
Natori, a longtime favorite, closed at this address in November 2012.