Sunday, February 26, 2017

Report: Man found dead of suspected overdose at the Ludlow House

A 31-year-old man was found dead Friday night of a suspected drug overdose inside the members-only Ludlow House, according to published reports.

The Post reported that the man, whose identity has not been revealed, was found with a needle in his hand in a third-floor bathroom at the club, an off-shoot of the Soho House.

The Ludlow House opened last year on Ludlow Street between Stanton and Rivington.

According to the Ludlow House website: "The majority of our members work in traditional creative industries, with the film, fashion, advertising, music, art and media sectors, among others, heavily represented." Membership costs $1,050 annually for access to Ludlow House, and up to $3,200 for access to all the Soho Houses, the Post noted.

Reps for the Ludlow House have yet to comment on the incident, per Gothamist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$1,050 if you are under 27 Y old, otherwise it's $2,100 for local and $3200 for every house.

Donnie Moder said...

I love that building facade, glad they kept it pretty much intact.

Anonymous said...

It's a sad sad sad path to intravenous drug use. I admire Canadian, Scandinavian, and European practices to have medical centers for people to safely "shoot up" in. But something tells me if this was more prevalent in the states, this user wouldn't be there anyway, as it is not a members only rumpus room.