Hey now. The CB3/SLA agenda for March is out...
First, the details: Monday, March 19 at 6:30 p.m. — JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. Fifth St. at Bowery.
As you can see, we circled one of the applicants — something called Bikinis slated for 56 Avenue C. We have no idea what this is all about. (And 56 Avenue C is two storefronts as far as we can remember ... Nublu Records and an empty space?)
Woo! Bikinis! This could keep us in posts for the next, oh, 18 months... However, the name and concept might not have anything to do with swimwear.
A few other items of note:
• Luzzo's (Luzzo's 211 LLC), 211 1st Ave (op)
Applications within Resolution Areas
• Yong Fa Restaurant Inc, 507 E 6th St (wb)
This is the former 6th Street Kitchen space, which never reopened after that awful fire in Janaury 2011. The space had been for rent. One neighborhood told us they heard it would be "an Asian fusion" restaurant.
• San Matteo Panuozzeria E Birra (San Matteo Panuozzeria Inc), 121 St Marks Pl (b)
• Ave A Hospitality LLC, 200 Ave A (op)
They're back! Good lord. The one-time home to Superdive... This is a little complicated... A group calling themselves Hospitality LLC with a concept for an "art gallery with a full-service restaurant" (smell machine!) concept has appeared before and been rejected by the CB3/SLA committee three times. The group then decided to go directly to the State Liquor Authority for its license. Read the background here.
• Bikinis, 56 Ave C (wb)
• Babel, 129 Ave C (op)
• 116 Avenue C Restaurant LLC, 116 Ave C (op)
The former Lava Gina space.
• Drop Off Service, 211 Ave A (op)
• Prime & Beyond (Prime & Beyond NY Inc), 90 E 10th St (wb/extend to backyard)
By the way, has anyone ever eaten here?
• Wechslers (Eichstatt LLC), 120 1st Ave (wb/extend to backyard)
Oh! The part of the backyard that used to belong to the International...
New Liquor License Applications
• Hotel East Houston (Soho New York Lodging LLC), 151 E Houston St (op)
This is the hotel for sale at Eldridge. The marketing materials say the roof would be a good place for a bar. Neighbors likely have another opinion.
• Village Grill 82 Inc, 202 2nd Ave (wb)
Not sure where 202 Second Ave. is... the Verizon Building is 204; the Little Pakistan Deli and Little Poland are 200 Second Ave.
• Sahara Citi, 137 E 13th St (wb)
This is an empty storefront on the north side of the street between Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue. Near the Cruises.
• Iconic Hand Rolls (IHR One LLC), 83 St Marks Pl aka 135 1st Ave (wb)
Quite a name! Of course, we thought it said Ironic Hand Rolls at first. Anyway, this must be the empty storefront next to JoeDoe...
• Angelica Kitchen Inc, 300 E 12th St (wb)
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations |up=upgrades