Thursday, April 26, 2012
Seriously, didn't we just do this? Well, CB3 released its meetings rundown for May, including the CB3/SLA docket...
SLA & DCA Licensing Committee
Monday, May 14 at 6:30 pm — JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. Fifth St. at Bowery
As always at this point, we don't know a lot about some of the new applicants just yet... Have a tip about any of these? Please let us know via the EV Grieve email ... Here are a few of interest... the whole agenda is here.
Renewal with Complaint History
• Boiler Room (JB Max Inc), 86 E 4th St (op)
• Ninth Ward (Church & Louis Inc), 180 2nd Ave (op)
• Numero 28 (La Meridiana 2 Ltd), 176 2nd Ave (wb)
• The 13th Step (149 Second Ave Rest Inc), 149 2nd Ave (op)
Sidewalk Café Application
• Nicoletta (Letta #1 LLC), 160 2nd Ave
• Cornerstone Café (AO Café and Restaurant LLC), 17 Ave B
Applications within Resolution Areas
• To be Determined, 34 Ave A (wb)
A scratch from last month... Here we go again with this space, seemingly doomed to any applicant since Aces & Eights held the liquor license... As you probably know, CB3 has rejected all the recent plans for a bar-restaurant-performance space here. Will this be any different? The applicant is only vying for beer and wine...
[Ah the memories! 98 Avenue B a few years ago...]
• Pizza Grupo (Fat Dog Inc), 98 Ave B (wb/removal from 186 Ave B)
Layalay, the B&T hookah hotspot on Avenue B between Sixth Street and Seventh, got shutdown in October 2009. We've seen workers renovating the space... Pizza Grupo will be moving into here one of these days...
• Babel, 129 Ave C (op)
• The Standard East Village (Cooper AB LLC), 25-33 Cooper Sq (op/close 2nd floor bar terrace/new outdoor space on north/alter hours/other alts)
Held over from last month. Read about the Hotel's plans here.
• To be Determined, 137 1st Ave (wb)
• Shervin's World Inc, 131 E 7th St (wb)
• Paulaner Brauhaus Restaurant LLC, 265-267 Bowery (op)
BoweryBoogie had the scoop on the German-based Paulaner Brewery aiming to open a beer hall just south of Houston.
Corporate Change (not heard at committee)
• Moonwalkers Restaurant Corp, 101 Ave A (op)
This is the Pyramid... continue to hear rumblings about its future...
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations |up=upgrades