[The former Max Fish at 178 Ludlow]
So! The CB3/SLA licensing committee meets tonight... and there are two sessions — one at at 6:30 and 8:30...
Community Board 3 Office - 59 East 4th Street (btwn 2nd Ave & Bowery)
Here's an updated look at a few of the items on tonight's agenda...
Applications within Saturated Areas
• Brownstone Lounge and Grill, 240 E 4th St (op) (aka 50 Ave B) (Affaire) (6:30pm)
Some nearby residents are concerned about the applicant looking to take over the Affaire space at 50 Avenue B. They met with Brownstone reps last Thursday.
As we understand it, the meeting did nothing to make the residents feel any better about the new venue. Among other concerns, the applicant apparently doesn't have any restaurant experience ... with a business plan that relies upon private party rentals of the basement space. In addition, residents feel as if the food is merely secondary to the space serving as a sports bar (plans call for 8 big-screen TVs) and party venue.
• JMDR 127 Ludlow LLC, 127 Ludlow St (op) (8:30pm)
This is the space held the past 17 years by the Motor City Bar... The application filed ahead of tonight's meeting doesn't provide much information about the new venture... other than the place will include a raw bar and a small DJ booth... the space would look like this, per CB3 documents...
• To be Determined, 178 Ludlow St (op) (6:30pm)
The former Max Fish space is being fitted for an outpost of Sweet Chick, a southern-style restaurant ... BoweryBoogie has more on this here.
• Spiegel (Spiegel Inc), 26 1st Ave (wb) (6:30pm)
Apparently the newish corner deli here at East Second Street will make way for something called Spiegel, an American-Middle Eastern restaurant with hours from 8 a.m. to midnight.
• Maiden Lane (Yardbird LLC), 162 Ave B (alt/wb/extend hours to 2am Sun-Sat) (6:30pm)
• The Delancey (ADR Restaurant Inc), 168 Delancey St (op/live music in basement only) (6:30pm)
New Liquor License Applications
• Mee Noodle Shop (Mee Enterprise Inc), 223 1st Ave (wb) (8:30 pm)
Mee is looking to serve beer and wine when they return to First Avenue.
• Artichoke Basille's Pizza (Stanton Restaurant Associates LLC), 108 Stanton St (op) (8:30pm)
As previously reported, the Artichokers are looking to take over El Sombrero here...
• Huertas (Molinero LLC), 107 1st Ave (wb) (8:30pm)
This is the space last held by L'asso EV. According to paperwork on file with CB3, Huertas will be a Spanish-themed restaurant with hours of 11:30 a.m. to midnight Monday-Thursday; to 1 a.m. on Friday-Saturday. The applicants previously owned a restaurant on Long Island.
• The DL/Dinner on Ludlow (93 Ludlow St Inc), 95 Delancey St (op) (6:30pm)
The drama continues. Read about it at DNAinfo ... BoweryBoogie ... and The Lo-Down...