Thursday, October 1, 2009
Concerned residents forwarded me the copy of this message...
Residents of E 4th Street and Avenue B area,
PLEASE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Have your sleepless nights returned? Have you noticed that the noise and mayhem on Avenue B and the adjacent streets has returned?
LE SOUK IS BACK!!
Unfortunately, sad but true, the case against them was dismissed on a technicality and they are open under temporary license and coming up for a license renewal hearing in the next week or so. If you want to maintain your sanity and get some sleep at night, here are somethings you must do for yourself and the good of the community;
(FYI - Le Souk's Address is 47 Avenue B btwn 3 & 4 Streets)
1. PLEASE phone the SLA right now Complaint Hotline
(212) 961-8378. EVERY day counts. EVERY complaint/voice counts.
SEND your complaints and comments to the SLA.
2. If you'd prefer not to call, here's an easy link to file a complaint to the SLA.
3. As per Susan Stetzer, our CB3 District Manager, everyone must call 311 when the noise is crazy so that the complaints will be logged into the system. They will give you a complaint number which you should then send via email to Community Board 3.
4. If you prefer to send a snail mail letter to the SLA, you may do so at the below address.
PLEASE send a letter protesting this to
Attention: Dennis Rosen
New York State Liquor Authority, Zone One
317 Lenox Avenue, 5th floor
New York NY10027
Please CC: Susan Stetzer who is monitoring the situation. email@example.com
5. Please come to the CB3 meeting on October 19th at 6:30p to voice your opinions. Le Souk is on the calendar for that meeting.
SLA/DCA Licensing Committee
200 East 5th Street at Bowery
PLEASE TAKE ACTION ASAP!!!! It will only take a few moments, and the relative peace we had when Le Souk was closed - is at stake !
Thank you for your support.
contact us at: E4StBlockAssoc@yahoo.com
Photo by Yun Cee Ng via.