Well, here's a romantic way to spend Valentine's eve — at the February CB3-SLA meeting! Woo!
SLA & DCA Licensing Committee
Monday, February 14 at 6:30pm — JASA/Green Residence, 200 East 5th Street at the Bowery
Let's take a look at a few of the contenders! (Find the whole agenda here.)
Renewal with Complaint History
• Superdive (Rapture Café & Books LLC), 200 Ave A (op)
Heh ... Doubtful that they'll show up, based on previous comments from Team Dive ... I think this is their seventh or eighth or ninth time on the agenda...
Applications within Resolution Areas
• Taco Joint Inc, 119 St Marks Pl (wb)
Hey, another taco place. Just what we need here! This is at the location of Roni, the women's designer clothing boutique that closed in November.
• Pastabar Café Corp, 127 Ave C (up/op) (aka 343 E 8th St)
This is the Caffe Pepe Rosso/Cotto Caffe on Avenue C at Eighth Street...
Sidewalk Café Applications
• Ninth Ward (Church and Louis Inc), 180 2nd Ave
• Heartbreak Café (Christos Restaurant LLC), 29 E 2nd St (alt/wb/extend to proposed sidewalk café)
The new eatery on Second Avenue and Second Street hoping for a sidewalk cafe.
• Kuidouraku (141 Ebenezer & Song Inc), 141 1st Ave (trans/wb)
Home of Ramen Setagaya.
• The Beagle, 162 Ave A (trans/op) (Orologio)
Home of Orologio for now. The Beagle? Sounds really plaid to me. Or maybe retro...
New Liquor License Applications
• Momofuku Milk Bar (EV Milk LLC), 251 E 13th St (op)
The Momo clan is looking to annex the old salon across the street. Per Eater: "The folks at Momo Milk are considering taking up the space, for an expansion or to move the operation, but have yet to sign a lease or nail anything down."
• Marry The Ketchup Inc, 95 1st Ave (wb)
That's quite a name... this is space that counted Permanent Brunch as a tenant.
• 228 Rest Corp, 232 1st Ave (op)
This is the former David's Bagel's space near 14th Street. Word is a Mexican eatery is taking over.
• 56 Burger Fondue LLC, 56 3rd Ave (op)
Burger fondue? Hmm.. this is the former site of Lan, the Japanese restaurant between 10th Street and 11th Street.