Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Developer Edward Minskoff told Real Estate Weekly that crews will demolish 51 Astor Place "by the end of the year." As we reported back on June 8, Minskoff's reps told residents that the actual demolition would start in mid-August. Should give them time to chop down any remaining trees.
Meanwhile, plans still call for the Fumihiko Maki-designed 430,000-square-foot Death Star here.
Previously on EV Grieve:
East Village — the new Midtown?
51 Astor Place demolition begins July 1; 17 months to build new black-glass tower