Saturday, March 3, 2012
Happened last night here near the corner of Seventh Street...
As you can see, cops cited them for "illegal sale of alcoholic beverages."
East Village Eats noted that the NYPD busted the grocery on New Year's Eve as well.
Also. During a three-day sweep last November, the State Liquor Authority charged 118 licensed groceries and liquor stores throughout New York City with underage alcohol sales ... including these five in the East Village:
• St. Marks Convenience Inc., 31 St. Marks Place
• Ave A Deli & Grocery, 123 Avenue A
• Anwar Grocery (Pending license), 106 Avenue B
• Yoo's Convenience, 50 2nd Avenue
• C & B Grocery, 248 E 14th Street