Monday, October 31, 2011
Woo. Here we go.
SLA & DCA Licensing Committee
Monday, November 14 at 6:30pm — JASA/Green Residence, 200 East 5th Street at Bowery
Renewal with Complaint History
• The Porch (The Porch Inc), 115 Ave C (op)
The Porch closed up last month, as Dave on 7th pointed out. We heard that the Porch was moving and an Indian restaurant was taking over... perhaps from the same owners?
• Kelly's (Diddler Doyle Corp), 12 Ave A (op)
• Kenka (Hinomaru Inc), 25 St Marks Pl (op)
• Diablo Royale (East Village Café & Restaurant LLC), 167 Ave A (op)
Arrive early for a good seat. This will be dramatic, perhaps.
Applications within Resolution Areas
• Cafetasia (Cafetasia Inc), 85 Ave A (up/op)
Seeking 100-ounce vodka tubes too?
• Essbar (102 Ave C LLC), 102 Ave C aka 230 E 7th St (up/op)
Edi & the Wolf upgrading...
• Nublu, 151 Ave C (op)
Nublu temporarily moved to under Lucky Cheng's back in August ... as the Nublu blog said during the summer, "last week we got our liquor license taken away due to an anonymous complaint that we are too close to a House of Worship." You can read about it all here.
• Pouring Ribbons (Lead to Gold Inc), 225 Ave B (op)
Anyone know what's going on here... the White Noise space?
• To be Determined, 116 Ave C (op)
The former Lava Gina space.
• Japadog Inc, 30 St Marks Pl (wb)
As we first reported last month, Japadog, the crazy popular Vancouver-based artisanal hot dog stands, is opening its first NYC outpost here.
• Alphabet City Beer Co (Alphabet City Wine Co LLC), 96 Ave C (b)
Looks like a beer companion to Alphabet City Wine... 96 Avenue C has been a vacant storefront for some time... we'll have more on this later...
• Cien Fuegos (Cien Fuegos LLC), 95 Ave A (alt/op)
• Peels Restaurant (Radley Realty Corp), 325 Bowery (alt/op/additional standup bar)
New Liquor License Applications
• Shoolbred's, 197 2nd Ave (op)
• Nevada Smiths (92 Nunz Walk Inc), 100 3rd Ave (op)
Maybe they're not closing after all!
• The Bean (54 2nd Ave Bean LLC), 54 2nd Ave (wb)
The Bean (147 1st Ave Bean LLC), 147 1st Ave (wb)
Interesting... What do you think about The Bean also serving wine and beer at its new locations?
• Nicoletta (Letta #1 LLC), 160 2nd Ave (wb)
A taker for the former Cafe Centosette space at 10th Street.
• Ichibantei LLC, 401 E 13th St (wb)
This is the the eatery that serves a range of Japanese "soul food" just east off First Avenue. A scratch from previous agendas...
• Golden Cadillac, 446-448 E 13th St (op)
The (now former?) Mug Lounge.
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations |up=upgrades