An award-winning news site covering the East Village of NYC
yes! the city's declaration of Smurf Week is repugnant. must we do product placement like this? how much did the city get paid for that advertisement?
85% of a red-tailed hawk's diet is made up of cartoon animals, like mice, squirrels, and rabbits. The other 15% are Smurfs.
Ha ha ha! That should be the poster for Smurf Week!
Mwahaha! Go, Tommy!
I wouldn't even know it was "smurf week" if not for this blog. How repugnant can it really be? How is it affecting anyone? Perhaps it's "beneath" this city, but no one will even remember in a month. If the city did get some $ for it, well I think we can use it.
i look forward to the official NYC Doritos Blazin' Buffalo 'N Ranch Week, followed by Mountain Dew Baja Blast Week, and the Stayfree Super Maxi-pad with Wings Week.
i want the hawk to have the same type of reaction when the douchefrats, scary sadshaws, and jersey shorers, invade the ev this weekend, or any weekend.
anon...i'll remember smurf week...forever.
I went to Via Della Pace recently and was surprised and appalled to learn they have a "ROUND UP, ROUND DOWN" policy when it come to giving change (or not giving change.) For example, if you have a tab for $11.55 and give the waitress a $20 bill, she/he will give you $8 in bills as change....NO COINS. If the tab is $11.45, she says she will give you $9 back. When I questioned the policy, she explained that they assume that the coin change would probably just be added to the tip anyway. She didn't explain whether if it was a "round down" policy the restaurant would make up the tip she didn't get. I have always enjoyed going here and have taken many visitors from out of town but I will find another retaurant who let's me decide how I spend my change. Appalled and disappointed.
I went to 7A for breakfast this morning and paid cash....IT HAPPENED AGAIN! This time I was shorted 45 cents and had to ask for my coins. Is this the norm at restuarants? Is this legal?
Post a Comment