Been some time since we've such seen an action-packed SLA & DCA Licensing Committee docket... 40 items!
Monday, April 11 at 6:30 pm — JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. Fifth Street at the Bowery
Here are a few items of interest! (The whole shooting match is here.)
Applications within Resolution Areas
• U-2 (Saint King J Corp), 6 St Marks Pl (3rd-4th Fl) (wb)
This is the karaoke portion of the former Cafe Hanover space (RIP, Mondo Kim's).
• Not a Bookstore LLC, 200 Ave A (op) (Superdive)
Ah! An inside joke from the Superdivers... a nod to Superdive's Rapture Cafe & Books past! Not funny!
• Casimir, 105 Ave B (op)
Changes in store for the French bistro?
• Ave B Caffe Buon Gusto Inc, 545 E 5th St (aka 76 Ave B) (wb)
Hello again, old friend! Been a long time since we've heard anything about this. Remember last time they were on the docket? To the recap!
Sidewalk Café Applications
• Café Cotto (Pasta Bar Café Corp), 127 Ave C
• Plump Dumpling (Big Dumpling Corp), 174 2nd Ave
• Percy's Tavern (Steelbar 180 Inc), 210 Ave A
• Radley Realty Corp, 325 Bowery (alt/ extend license to sidewalk)
Peels wants a sidewalk cafe. #ShitShow
• To Be Determined, 500 E 11th St (trans/op) (Angels & Kings)
• To Be Determined, 351 E 12th St (trans/op) (Resto Leon)
I actually have never been to Resto Leon.
• 4AB LLC, 235 E 4th St (trans/op) (Tonda)
The Tonda watch continues.
• To Be Determined, 700 E 9th St (trans/op) (Banjo Jim's)
Anyone know anything about this?
New Liquor License Applications
• Trim Castle Corp, 87 2nd Ave (op)
The former Kurve-Rhong Tiam space.
• South Brooklyn Pizza (122 First Pizza Inc), 122 1st Ave (wb)
• Agave Azul (228 Rest Corp), 228 1st Ave (op)
This is the Mexican cantina that I reported was coming to the former David's Bagels space.
• The Other WineBar, 412 E 9th St (wb)
• To Be Determined, 107 1st Ave (wb)
The former Bonjoo space..
You may find some additional comments about all this at The Low-Down, Eater and Grub Street.