To participate in the Occupy Wall Street Farmers March join us at the below events:
THE FARMERS MARCH
A gathering of farmers, community gardeners, food workers and activists for dialogue, solidarity and solutions to corporate control of our food system.
2 p.m. — Public gathering and panel discussion at La Plaza Cultural Community Garden, East Ninth Street at Avenue C. Speakers include:
• Karen Washington — Founder of City Farms Market and board member at NYC-based organization Just Food.
• Jim Gerritsen — a Maine organic farmer and lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against Monsanto and was named one of 25 Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World by Utne Reader in 2011.
• Severine von Tscharner Flemming — Food advocate and producer of the film “Green Horns”, profiling young farmer entrepreneurs.
• Jalal Sabur — Founding member of the Freedom Food Alliance, an alliance of black urban communities with black rural farmers.
• Mike Callicrate — Colorado rancher, entrepreneur and rural political activist, was a lead plaintiff in the 1990s against the world's largest beef packer, IBP, now owned by Tyson Foods.
• Andrew Faust — World-renowned permaculture expert and educator.
4 p.m. — March toward Zuccotti Park
Sunday, December 4, 2011
From the EV Grieve inbox ...