And here are some items of interest from the agenda (the whole shebang is here):
• Review of 2010 goals and accomplishments/committee goals for 2011
• Resolution to SLA regarding undue burden on Community Boards of waivers for 30-renewal notices, and undue burden to businesses of penalty of closing businesses if renewal is late.
Applications within Resolution Areas
• Table 12 (188 Ave A Take Out Food Corp), 188 Ave A (wb)
Oh boy ... this didn't go so well last time... in September...
• Coyi Café, 42 Ave B (wb)
• 34 Avenue A, corp to be formed, (Aces & Eights) (op)
CB3 said No to Jevan Damadian, the owner of the former Aces and Eights space, during the November meeting. He was looking to open a tapas bar ... with no beer pong. The rumors have a former associate of Phil Hartman's at the Two Boots empire opening a music venue here. A return to its previous Mo Pitkin's roots?
Sidewalk Café Applications
• Café Cortadito (Café Cortadito LLC), 210 E 3rd St
The Cuban eatery near Avenue B is looking for some sidewalk tables...
• A&D Wine Corp, (Wine Bar), 65 2nd Ave (alt/increase number of tables and chairs from 6 tables and 12 chairs to 10 tables and 22 chairs)
• 157 Brick Oven LLC (Plum Pizzeria), 157 2nd Ave
• 4AB LLC (Tonda), 235 E 4th St (tran/op)
A-ha! All this explains the crazy non-hours of operation of late.
• Le Cave LLC, 64 E 1st St (alt/op/correction of original application)
Hey now! During January's meeting, one of the owners of LaVie, the hookah-flavored club at 64 E. First St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue, called Susan Stetzer a "racist." How can they top that?
• Woody's (Prince 28 LLC), 31 2nd Ave (alt/op/adding second bar upstairs and other work)
• Sa Aming Nayon LLC, (Wai Café) 201 1st Ave (wb)
Something amiss with the Wai? Cafe?
• 133 Essex Restaurant LLC, (Mason Dixon) 133 Essex St (op)
Maybe they're just moving their mechanical bull?
New Liquor License Applications
• Lucky's Famous Burgers (Lucky Burger Houston LLC), 147 E Houston St (b)
BoweryBoogie has been covering the return of Lucky Burger to the East Village.
• Corp to be formed, (Kurve) 87 2nd Ave (op)
• Aegis Atlantic LLC (Peet’s Coffee/Preserve 24), 175 E. Houston St.(op)
Interesting... A Peet's Coffee & Tea shop is slated to take over this space on Houston at Allen ... this space that includes the Foam & Futon Center has been on the market ... And maybe Peet's will change the name from coffee and tea to beer and whiskey... ?