Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Roland Li at Real Estate Weekly has the latest details on the future of 35 Cooper Square. Highlights from his article:
• The current owner of 35 Cooper is the Arun Bhatia Development Organization, which has built dorms for the New School and seven condo towers, most recently 139 Wooster Street, and an unnamed partner
• They haven't decided whether to demolish the building
• They want an "as of right, mixed-use" building, but haven't decided on specifics
• The entire lot has a buildable up to 28,998 square feet
• More details will be provided in "three or four weeks"
Meanwhile, remember that you can help by signing the online petition, which you can find here.
[35 Cooper art via]
Previously on EV Grieve:
Something 28,998 square feet or so coming to Cooper Square (and goodbye Cooper 35 Asian Pub?)
Doom and doomer: More of Cooper Square primed for development
Cooper 35 Asian Pub part of development deal on Cooper Square
Cooper 35 Asian Pub putting up a fight before being torn down