Last week, we noted that ApizzA on Avenue A had closed...
Turns out the DOH was behind the closure...
According to the DOH:
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Food Protection Certificate not held by supervisor of food operations.
4) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
5) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
6) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
Meanwhile, the ApizzA bike is still on the scene.