Saturday, February 12, 2011
DOH shutters Yerba Buena on Avenue A
The city inspected the Latin eatery at 23 Avenue A near Second Street yesterday. It did not go well. The city immediately ordered the restaurant to close.
Sorry.. the link doesn't seem to work.. Here are the major violations....
Establishment Closed by DOHMH. Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed.
1) Shellfish not from approved source, improperly tagged/labeled; tags not retained for 90 days.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
4) Hand washing facility not provided in or near food preparation area and toilet room. Hot and cold running water at adequate pressure to enable cleanliness of employees not provided at facility. Soap and an acceptable hand-drying device not provided.
5) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
6) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
7) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.