Per her article:
"This will give us two weeks to work things out," said Arthur Schwartz, an attorney from Advocate for Justice, which is representing Delakas. "If someone else gets in that would be a big mess."
Schwartz also filed a petition Wednesday in an ongoing effort to get the 64-year-old Delakas temporary approval to operate the newsstand — his only source of income — while the city makes its decision.
Schwartz said the fight for Delakas to be granted his own license by the Department of Consumer Affairs will be "an uphill battle," because he had been operating under the umbrella of a former owner and never had the license transferred into his name.
"He will only get his license back if the mayor intervenes," Schwartz said.
Mayor de Blasio is said to be aware of the situation with the newsstand, which Delakas has operated since 1987.
Previously on EV Grieve:
City shutters Jerry's Newsstand on Astor Place for 'operating illegally'
The story about the city shutting down Jerry's Newsstand on Astor Place actually gets worse
More about saving Jerry's Newsstand
Helping Save Jerry