Friday, July 30, 2010
On the liquor license docket: Hot & Crusty! Superdive! (Again!) DBGB's sidewalk cafe!
Well! The CB3/SLA agenda for August is now online... Eater and the Lo-Down had the early word on several of the more interesting items. (Clearly they hacked into Susan Stetzer's hard drive! ... Kidding!)
Anyway! Here are some of the items of possible interest ... with helpful comments afterwards in italics...
Monday, Aug. 16 at 6:30 pm — JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. Fifth St. at Bowery
Renewal with Complaint History
• Cheapshots, 140 1st Ave (op)
Good luck given recent history there.
Sidewalk Cafe Applications
• The Penny Farthing (East County Louth, Inc), 103 3rd Ave
Thought this had already been OK'd...
• DBGB (Bowery Restaurant LLC), 299 Bowery
But of course!
Applications within Resolution Areas
• D Burger Inc, 26 1st Ave (wb)
• D Pizza Inc, 26 1st Ave, Store #2 (wb)
The Rama Cafe space...
• Kate's Joint, 56-58 Ave B (alt/op/usage of basement as storage/minor kitchen modification)
Storage for what? That Post intern who blew the lid of the fact that underage people sometimes go to bars and drink?
• Habibi Lounge (Zaika Restaurant Corp), 198 Ave A (alt/op)
Still haven't met anyone who has been here...
• Superdive (Rapture Cafe & Books LLC), 200 Ave A (alt/op/kitchen/size & location of bar)
Hahaha...fifth time they've been on the agenda in the past six months...
• East Village Tavern (Brooklyn Bar NYC Inc), 158 Ave C (alt/op/stips/extend hours/add live music)
Live music? Longer hours?
• Corp to be Formed, 200 Ave A (trans/op) (Superdive)
New Liquor License Applications
• Stromboli Pizza (Stromboli Pizza Inc), 83 St Marks Pl (wb)
• Dans Le Noir (Dans Le Noir Corp), 107 Norfolk St (op) (Tonic)
Eater has more on what may be coming to the long-dormant Tonic space...
• Corp to be Formed (Alexander Stupak), 101 3rd Ave (op)
Oh, the old Cosmic Cantina space... Eater noted that pastry chef from wd~50 has his name on this ... which probably maybe means -- high-end dessert!
• Hot & Crusty (14th St Bella Pizza Corp), 400 E 14th St (b)
Beer for Hot & Crusty?!