Early this year, a lot of people shared "A visit to Stoned Gourmet Cannabis Pizza," Stacie Joy's inside look at Chris "the Pizza Pusha" Barrett's (pictured above) sorta secret establishment ... this came after the pizzeria highlighted the post on social media. (As it turns out, there are many avid Stoned Pizza fans.)
Other most-read 2021 posts included more newsy items on the closure of some longtime local businesses ... the passing of two well-liked and well-known residents... and the always outrage-provoking SantaCon. And then there was one of the posts about the guy rolled up in the carpet on St. Mark's Place and Third Avenue.
Here's the rest of the EVG top-10:
• Exclusive: Iconic East Village venue The Pyramid Club will not be reopening after year-long PAUSE (April 1)
• Attention Kmart shoppers: The Astor Place location is now closed after 25 years in business (July 12)
• Woman dies after falling from Avenue A rooftop; Rivera demands review of building enforcement procedures (May 22)
• About that rolled-up carpet in the crosswalk (Feb. 5)
• SantaCon announces 2021 route; East Village in the crosshairs once again (Dec. 7)
• A walk around inside the long-abandoned — and ghoulishly beautiful — P.S. 64 (March 25)
• RIP Molly Fitch (Dec. 13)
• RIP Hash Halper, aka New York Romantic (June 15)
• You can own the shuttered Avenue A diner Odessa, now for sale on Craigslist (June 4)
Thank you for reading along this year... and sharing your thoughts — there were more than 10,000 comments left on our 1,856 posts in 2021.