Monday, September 5, 2016
[Photo in Tompkins Square Park from July by Derek Berg]
Just a few of the stories that we followed these past few months...
• The Yaffa Cafe mural was painted over
• People watched the President drive by
• Tompkins Square Park had a Prince-inspired piano
[Photo from June by Steven]
• Kanye West thought about playing a show at Webster Hall
• Other Music closed
[A tribute for Muhammad Ali on Avenue B]
• The Sock Man announced his return to St. Mark's Place
• ABC No Rio closed for now
[At ABC No Rio's last HardCore/Punk Matinee. Pic by Walter Wlodarczyk]
• The Kati Roll Company announced plans to open in the Stage space on Second Avenue
• The black crowned night heron continued to come out at... night in Tompkins Square Park
And we spent time watching Christo and Dora's new kids learning to hunt and fly in Tompkins Square Park...
[Photo from July by Bobby Williams]
• There were neighborhood alerts for the Third Street Rose Snipper ... and a flowerpot thief on St. Mark's Place.
• There were some storms...
[Photo from July 14 by Mike Brown]
• Shaun Martin was found guilty of murder in 2013 crash at East Village Farm and Grocery
• Small-format Target announced plan for 14th Street and Avenue A
• The new Astor Place got tables, chairs and umbrellas
• Permits were filed to demolish five buildings on 11th Street to make way for new hotel
• NYPD reportedly took action against heroin users in Tompkins Square Park
• The 111-year-old New York Central Art Supply closed
So long to the long, hot summer...