Several people have asked us if we knew what East Village bars had one of those special all-night permits to serve alcohol past the usual closing time... 142 establishments reportedly have these permits in Manhattan this New Year's Eve.
Among the East Village places that will be open all night ...
• Vazac's/7B, Avenue B and East Seventh Street
• The International, 120 1/2 First Avenue (given the bar's usual 8 a.m. opening time... it will be a good 44 hours here!)
• The Coal Yard, 102 First Avenue
• Double Down Saloon, 14 Avenue A
• Sutra, 16 First Avenue
• Lit Lounge, 93 Second Avenue
• Mercury Lounge, 217 E. Houston St.
• Nublu, 62 Avenue C
• Ducks Eatery, 351 E. 12th Street
• Royale, 157 Avenue C
• Esperanto, 145 Avenue C
• The Parkside Lounge, 317 E. Houston St.
• KGB Bar/Red Room, 85 E. Fourth St.
• Karma, 51 First Avenue
Any interested bar can apply for one of these licenses back in the fall. According to the SLA website:
"In deciding whether to issue the permit, the Authority will consider the timely filing of the application, licensee’s disciplinary history (including pending charges) and whether, given the nature of the event, the licensee has adequate facilities and security plans in place."