Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Foundation watch: 24 1st Ave.
On our last visit to 24 First Ave. and its property mate 99-101 E. Second St., workers had just demolished the structures on the property.
These buildings were leveled to make way for a 7-story, 22-unit residential building called The 101 Condominium.
[Rendering of the 1st Avenue side via Zproekt Architects]
Work is now in the pit stage... here's a look through the blogger portals on the plywood to see how foundation is coming along...
[1st Avenue side]
[2nd Street side]
No. 24 's previous occupants included the cabaret Lucky Cheng's (1993-2012) and Club Baths, the first openly gay-owned bathhouse (1971-1983)... and Cave Canem and La Nouvelle Justine in between.
Previously on EV Grieve:
• Building that housed Lucky Cheng's on 1st Avenue now on the auction block
• Onetime home of Lucky Cheng's and adjacent property sell for $12 million
• 7-story residential building pending at the former Lucky Cheng's space
• Demolition permits filed to bring down former Lucky Cheng's building on 1st Avenue
• The 411 on the 101 Condominium
[Photo from 2011 by Jeremiah Moss]
Posted by Grieve at 4:05 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Cave Canem and that cess pool of a jacuzzi in the basement... still, fun times before the neighborhood morphed into playground for NYU children from the midwest
So much luxury so little time - I hope they have air b'n'b units available so everyone can sample the NEW LUXURY!
Post a Comment