Friday, May 15, 2020
Reopenings: Baji Baji, Factory Tamal, Ruffian x Black Emperor, Málà Project and more!
[Image via @factory_tamal]
It's a busy time for some East Village restaurant reopenings.
Among the reopenings today for takeout and delivery: Baji Baji at 145 First Ave. between St. Mark's Place and Ninth Street. Hours for now: 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Owner Jay Yang just opened back in January after deciding to revamp his family owned China Star.
Also reopening today:
• Factory Tamal, 63 E. Fourth St. between Second Avenue and the Bowery, is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. for takeout and delivery.
• The Ruffian x Black Emperor collaboration at 197 Second Ave. between 12th Street and 13th Street is back. Food and drinks to take home via the walk-up window are available today through Sunday from 1-7 p.m. (They'll reassess after the weekend for more days/hours.) Pickup and delivery (and the menu) available via this website.
• Málà Project, 122 First Ave. between Seventh Street and St. Mark's Place, is open for takeout and delivery from noon to 9 p.m. daily.
• Ahimsa Garden, 265 E. 10th St. between Avenue A and First Avenue, reopens today for delivery and curbside pickups. Open from noon to 10 p.m. Website here.
And returning tomorrow:
• The Immigrant, 341 E. Ninth St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue. They'll be serving take-home summer drinks, cocktails and food. They're also delivering through their website here. The Immigrant will open tomorrow at 2 (and until 9 p.m.)
Other recent re-openings include:
• Sushi by m, 75 E. Fourth St.
• Beron Beron, 164 First Ave. at 10th St.
• Augurs Well Bar, 115 St. Mark's Place
• Van Da is continuing its collaboration with chef Hannah Wong (of the incoming Brooklyn restaurant Haema), for a weekend takeout service.
You can find the Haema-Van Da menu, which changes each weekend, and order in advance via this form. You pick up the food at Van Da, 234 E. Fourth St. between Avenue A and Avenue B from noon to 8 p.m.
• Black & White Bar, 86. E. 10th St. between Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue, has added Friday to its schedule. Open from 3-7 p.m. for take-home drinks.
And to help you sort out all these reopenings, volunteers are continuing to update the map created in collaboration with the East Village Community Coalition. You can access the map at this link.
Previously on EV Grieve:
Updating: Here's a map of what's open in the East Village