Tuesday, September 3, 2013
CB3 released its September meetings rundown back on Friday... here's a look at the always-popular booze portion with the CB3/SLA committee...
First! The meeting info:
SLA & DCA Licensing Committee
Monday, Sept. 16 at 6:30 pm — University Settlement Neighborhood Center, 189 Allen St. between Houston and Stanton.
More info will eventually roll in about some of these projects ahead of the meeting... meaning for now, we don't know much about some of these...
Applicant's name follow by current owner if applicable
Renewal with Complaint History
• Caffe Prosciutteria (Ballaro Inc), 77 2nd Ave (wb)
• Heathers (Ariel Inc), 506 E 13th St (op)
• The DL/Dinner on Ludlow (93 Ludlow St Inc), 95 Delancey St (op)
Applications within Saturated Areas
• HiFi (Patty McCarthy Inc), 169 Ave A (alt/op/ windows, interior alt, extend license to backyard)
• Table 12 (188 Ave A Takeout Food), 188 Ave A (wb) (aka 500 E 12th St)
• Papaya King (PKNY II LLC), 3 St Marks Pl (b)
The Papaya Kingers were turned down for a beer license back in May. According to CB3 documents, the St. Mark's Block Association and 8 St. Mark's Tenants' Association submitted letters and testimony in opposition to this application.
• Mikes Burgers & Bar (BAC 115 Corp), 115 St Marks Pl (upgrade/op)
• Flinders Lane LLC, 162 Ave A (op)
This is the address for The Beagle on Avenue A... a tipster told us earlier in the year that the place was quietly for sale. Perhaps they found a buyer.
• Brownstone Lounge and Grill, 240 E 4th St (op) (aka 50 Ave B)
Looks like a new venture for the Affaire space, which closed last month.
• East Village Tavern (Sweendog All Stars Inc), 158 Ave C (op)
• Cafe Khufu (Cafe Khufu LLC), 61 E 3rd St (wb/change in hours)
New Liquor License Applications
• Mee Noodle Shop (Mee Enterprise Inc), 223 1st Ave (wb)
Returning to the East Village one of these days...
• Confessional (Kingfish Group LLC), 308 E 6th St (op)
This space east of Second Avenue has been on the market in recent months.
• Caravan of Dreams (The House of Health Healing & Happiness Inc), 405 E 6th St (upgrade/op)
• To be Determined, 269 E Houston St (op)
Again, again, again.
• Bistro Jules (Bistro Jules Management Inc), 65 St Marks Pl (wb)
• Figaro Bistro Grill (La Pasta Presto Grill Inc), 344 E 6th St (op)
• Milosun Sushi Inc, 141 1st Ave (wb)
Looks like a new concept for this carousel of an address... most recently Ippin.
• Russ & Daughters Cafe (Fourthgen LLC), 127 Orchard St (op)
Interesting! A cafe from the legendary Russ & Daughters around the corner. But! Per the Lo-Down: "We checked in with R&D management and were advised that there’s really nothing to say just yet."
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations