A few headlines from other sources this past week...
• More discussion over making streetside dining permanent (Yahoo! Finance ... CBS New York ... ABC 7 ... PIX11 ... Gothamist ... previously on EVG)
• Rats are a growing problem at the Mariana Bracetti Plaza on Third Street (PIX11)
• NY State decriminalizes the possession and sale of syringes and hypodermic needles (City Limits)
• Middle Collegiate Church on Second Avenue holds an outdoor service — first in-person since last December's fire (ABC-7 ... amNY)
• NYPD now patroling Duane Reade on Avenue B amid a surge in shoplifting (The Post)
• An interview with the director of NYC classic "The Panic in Needle Park" on the film's 50th anniversary (Westside Rag)
• Local artist Seth Tobocman is teaching a weekly class (starting Tuesday) titled "Comics as Political Expression." Per the description: "This class is for people hoping to express their political convictions through comics, cartooning, or illustration." The class takes place at the Museum of Reclaim Urban Space at 155 Avenue C. Details here.