[Photo of Josie's via Facebook]
In recent weeks New York Magazine and Grub Street have been publishing a series of best-of listicles.
Yesterday afternoon, they published "the East Village’s most excellent drinking options" from 1 to 6:
1) The Wayland, 700 E. Ninth St. at Avenue C.
2) Lois, 98 Avenue C between Seventh Street and Sixth Street
3) Standings, 43 E. Seventh St. near Second Ave.
4) Jimmy's No. 43, 43 E. Seventh St. near Second Ave.
5) Josie's, 520 E. Sixth St. between Avenue A and Avenue B
6) Mother of Pearl, 95 Avenue A at Sixth Street
Grub Street notes that "the neighborhood’s zip code is home to 585 active liquor licenses," which means there will be plenty of room for debate about this list.