Monday, May 16, 2016
A look at tonight's CB3-SLA docket
[Photo of 67 2nd Ave. from Saturday via Vinny & O]
CB3's SLA committee meets tonight at 6:30. For starters, there's a different location this month for the meeting: Thelma Burdick Community Room, 10 Stanton St. at the Bowery.
Now here's a look at some of the East Village items on the agenda...
Renewal with Complaint
• Royale (Jeflo & Co Ltd), 157 Ave C (op)
Applications within Saturated Areas
• Baker's Pizza (Baker's Pizza LLC), 201 Ave A (wb)
Sidewalk Cafe Application
• Mimi Cheng's Dumplings (Joyful Eats LLC), 179 2nd Ave
• Saint Marks Karaoke (6 Saint Marks Inc), 6 St Marks Pl (wb/alt/extend hours of operation to 2 am Sun-Thurs; 4 am Fri, Sat)
New Liquor License Applications
• La Contrada (CJFM LLC), 67 2nd Ave (op)
A new group is looking to make the southwest corner of Second Avenue and Fourth Street work (formerly Contrada, Calliope and Belcourt).
According to the questionnaire (PDF) on file at the CB3 website, the restaurant will be going by the name La Contrada, serving Italian fare from 8 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Wednesday; until 2 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.
There's a sample menu with the materials online showing a long list of offerings, such as wraps, salads, smoothies and soups ... as well as pasta and chicken dishes.
The applicant on file is Francesco Marcello, who has 33 years of experience in restaurants, per the documents. There isn't any mention of where this experience took place.
La Contrada may also have non-amplified "jazz and Italian live background music once in awhile," per the CB3 questionnaire.
• San Marzano (Evir Corp), 117 2nd Ave (upgrade/op)
• Ichibantei (Ichibantei Pub Inc), 401 E 13th St (upgrade/op)
Items not heard at Committee
• Udon West (Kanae Inc), 11 St Marks Pl (op/corp change)
• Tai Thai Thailand Home Cooking (Tai Thai Thailand Home Cooking Inc), 78 E 1st St (wb/corp change)
• Tonkatsuya (Ira Asian Restaurant Inc), 328 E 6th St (wb)
The Japanese restaurant recently opened in the space that Banana Leaf vacated.
• To be Determined, 195-197 Ave B (wb)
Don't know much about this... looks as if this new venture, called Gloria in the CB3 questionnaire, will take the long-empty spaces on the northeast corner of Avenue B and 12th Street.
[195-197 Avenue B]
There isn't any mention of what type of food that Gloria well serve with its beer-wine license. The listed hours are noon to midnight on Sunday; 5 p.m. to midnight Tuesday through Saturday. The space will accommodate 25 tables for 50 diners.
• WDI New York LLC, 85 4th Ave (wb)
Hong Kong-based chef Mak Kwai Pui is opening his first U.S. location of Tim Ho Wan, his Michelin-starred dim sum parlor, on East 10th Street and Fourth Avenue ... in the former Spice space.
• Kotobuki (BEY United LLC), 56 3rd Ave (wb)
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations