Thursday, May 19, 2016
Just after 7 this evening, an EVG reader noted that there was a fire at the McDonald's on First Avenue near Sixth Street. We're not sure about the extent of the fire — it didn't make the cut for the @FDNYalerts on Twitter.
There doesn't appear to be any visible damage in the restaurant. However, this location remains closed for the evening. Signage on the door refers to "the accident."
The restaurant is back McOpen.
Also, per Giovanni in the comments, there was a grease fire in the kitchen. (Perhaps the employee unwittingly sat on this East Fifth Street tree guard?)