EVG readers may know that we've long admired the Cadillac on East Second Street ... the one with the stuffed Tiger in it. In previous weeks we've present three true East Village stories from the view of the Cadillac with the Tiger in it. It comes to an end today, though, as the Cadillac with the Tiger in it moves on to a new owner. There is a farewell for the car today from noon-3 p.m. on East Second Street between First Avenue and Second Avenue.
Hello from the Cadillac with the Tiger in it
Part 4: Fun Facts about the Cadillac
• My Year, Make & Model: 1978 Cadillac Sedan Deville
• My name: "the Cadillac"
• The Tiger's name: "Tiger"
• Engine: 425 8 cylinder
• Mpg: City 10-12 Highway: 18-20
• Color: Pistachio Green w/White Vinyl roof
• Mileage: Approximately 450,000 (odometer stopped working at 207,362 about 20 years ago) This is almost the distance to and from the earth and the moon.
• Purchased in 1992 for $450
• Current owner is the 3rd owner
• All mechanical equipment has been replaced at least once except the engine and timing chain
• 1st came to East 2nd Street in 1992 when the black locust trees bloom in the cemetery
• Most memorable road trip moment: Crossing the state line into Alabama while my owner sang the line from Neil Young's song, "Alabama": "...Your Cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch and a wheel on the track..." until his cat pawed him in the face to get him to shut up
• Estimated number of photos taken of me by passersby each week: 350-650
• Most mysterious photographer: A woman who took one photo of me every day for a year and then she vanished
• The Tiger decided to get a gold leash when the Lorde song, “Royals,” was released.
• Vandalism damage to car while parked on East 2nd Street 1992 to 2011: $0
• Vandalism damage to car while parked on East 2nd Street 2011 to present: $1,900
• Vandalism damage since the tiger has been in the front seat: $0
• Date of retirement: Today. The black locust trees bloomed two weeks ago.
Previously on EV Grieve:
That Cadillac that we've long admired on East 2nd St. now has a stuffed tiger on the front seat
And now, stories from the Cadillac with the Tiger in it on East 2nd Street
And now, another story from the Cadillac with the Tiger in it on East 2nd Street
Alas, the end is near for the Cadillac with the Tiger in it on East 2nd Street
Also! The Cadillac with the Tiger in it now has its on website. Find that here.