Per the Post:
“I feel really bad for him,” said John Godfrey of Francis Salud, 28, at Salud’s arraignment. “He’s a good guy.”
Salud, who remains in jail without bail, is accused of slashing Anthony Christopher Smith near Third Avenue and East Sixth Street on Jan. 16.
As previously reported, Smith underwent eight hours of surgery, and needed nearly 150 stitches for the wound from his right ear to his lips after the attack. Smith, who says the attack was unprovoked, has partial paralysis on the right side of his face because several nerves were severed.
Salud was previously arrested and charged for a slashing that happened Oct. 18 behind Bellevue. The victim needed 73 stitches on the left side of his body, per media accounts. Salud was out on a $30,000 bond at the time of the East Sixth Street attack.