Today is the first of two Record Store Days set for this summer (the other being on July 17).
You can find some RSD titles at a few of the local shops ... or you can pay them a visit anyway at your leisure...
• A-1 Record Shop — 439 E. Sixth St. between Avenue A and First Avenue
• Academy Records — 415 E. 12th St. between Avenue A and First Avenue
• Limited to One Records — 221 E. 10th St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue
• Manhattan45 — 220 E. 10th St. between First Avenue and Second Avenue
• Stranded Records — 218 E. Fifth St. between Second Avenue and Cooper Square
And a special shout-out to Downtown Music Gallery, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last month. The shop got its start in the East Village, first on Fifth Street then the Bowery. Find them now at 13 Monroe St. in Chinatown.