Ahead of tonight's CB3 SLA committee meeting, we've looked at four of the applicants:
• Biang!, 157 Second Ave.
• Bagel Belly, 114 Third Ave.
• Unnamed concept, 131 Avenue A
• IL Mago, 234 E. Fourth St.
So the meeting is at 6:30 p.m. in the CB3 office, 59 E. Fourth St. between Second Avenue and the Bowery.
You can find the whole meeting docket here. Otherwise, what follows are a selection of what the committee will hear tonight...
Renewal with Complaint
• Revision Lounge and Gallery (219 Avenue B Music Lounge Inc), 219 Ave B (op)
• Poco (Becaf LLC), 33 Ave B (sidewalk cafe)
CB3 recommended to deny Poco's liquor license renewal back in July. You can find the minutes of the meeting here.
From those minutes:
Community Board 3 has now received complaints from residents from April of 2014 through July of 2015, about the failure of the business to oversee the sidewalk, unruly drunk patrons from the business blocking the sidewalk, excessive noise from patrons and music emanating from the sidewalk café, which has an open façade, all you can drink brunch specials, the sidewalk café operating past its permitted time of 10:00 P.M., the service of alcohol at the sidewalk café after its permitted closing time and the café taking up too much of the sidewalk;
...and, in May of 2015, the Department of Consumer Affairs issued two (2) violations against this business for its sidewalk café exceeding its permitted footprint on the sidewalk and having ten (10) too many tables when it was permitted for ten (10) tables and twenty (20) seats with a closing time of 10:00 P.M. every day; and, this business has received eight (8) 311 commercial noise complaints between April 13, 2014 and June 25, 2015, between 3:30 P.M. and 1:00 A.M., six (6) of which resulted in police reporting that they took action to correct a nonprime ...
Poco's website advertises that they are "NYC's favorite boozy brunch."
The sidewalk cafe renewal is up for discussion tonight.
• No Malice Palace (197 Artichoke Corp), 197 E 3rd St (op)
Sidewalk Cafe Application
• Schnitz (DY Schnitz LLC), 177 1st Ave
• Russ & Daughters Cafe (FourthGen LLC), 127 Orchard St (op/minor alt prior to opening to reflect final layout)
• Russ & Daughters Cafe (FourthGen LLC), 127 Orchard St (op/add live music once a month/display liquor bottles)
• Juke Bar (Maddsg LLC), 301 E 12th St (op/add live music)
• Turntable 50' and 60' (Vintage B Inc), 56-58 Ave B aka 235-237 E 4th St (wb/extend hours to 1am)
New Liquor License Applications
• Numero 28 (La Meridiana I LTD), 176 2nd Ave (upgrade to op)
• Villa Cemita Inc, 50 Ave A (wb/legalize alt)
Items not heard at Committee
• Akina Sushi Inc, 424 E 14th St (wb)
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations