Friday, January 30, 2015
Any East Village bars that WON'T be playing the Super Bowl on Sunday?
[Photo via our friends at The International]
Because people ask us this question this time of year. (And other times too, actually.)
TV-free neighborhood bars include:
• Burp Castle, 41 E. Seventh St. between Second Avenue and Cooper Square
• The International Bar, 120 1/2 First Avenue near East Seventh Street
• Scratcher, 209 E. Fifth St. between Second Avenue and Cooper Square
• Swift Hibernian Lounge, 34 E. Fourth St. between the Bowery and Lafayette
• The Wayland, Avenue C at East Ninth Street
This is certainly not a comprehensive list. Feel free to name other TV-free neighborhood bars in the comments... (and Hookah bars don't count...)
And as the sign at The International shows, there is an anti-Super Bowl party there all-day Sunday.