Thursday, April 30, 2015
On the May CB3/SLA docket: Takers for the former Back Forty space; new Ravi DeRossi venture
[The former Back Forty space on Avenue B]
CB3 released its slate of meetings for May yesterday … including for the SLA licensing committee.
For starters, the meeting is May 18 at the CB3 office (BYOB), 59 E. Fourth St. between Second Avenue and the Bowery.
Here's a look at some of the East Village-related items. (We don't have any info on the applicants just yet.)
Applications within Saturated Areas
• JMR Dining LLC, 190-192 Ave B (op)
An applicant for the former Back Forty space. The seemingly popular restaurant rather abruptly shut down after service on Dec. 21.
• Benemon (Drak Inc), 171 Ave A (op)
And an applicant for the former BAD Burger space between East 10th Street and East 11th Street. BAD closed in March after three-plus years.
Sidewalk Cafe Application
• Root & Bone (Root & Bone LLC), 200 E 3rd St (unenclosed)
• Hearth (Hearth Restaurant Investors LLC), 403 E 12th St (op/alt/extend license to sidewalk cafe)
We discussed the possible sidewalk cafe last July.
New Liquor License Applications
• The Northern Spy Food Company (The Northern Spy Food Co LLC), 511 E 12th St (upgrade/op)
• Koufuku LLC, 342 E 6th St (op)
• Hou Yi Spicy Inc, 97 2nd Ave (bw)
As we first reported back in March, Hou Yi Hot Pot is converting the former laundromat into a restaurant here between East Fifth Street and East Sixth Street.
Items not heard at Committee (no vote, no public input)
• Verdura (Derossi Veg LLC), 130 E 7th St (bw)
Gingersnap's left this space just west of Avenue A back in January. The address for the LLC listed for the applicant matches up with the address for Ravi DeRossi's (Death & Co., Amor y Amargo, etc.) HQ. Looks like he's coming back to East Seventh Street after the Bourgeois Pig left the neighborhood. Stay tuned for more details on his latest project.
• Boxcar Lounge (Oops of New York Inc), 168 Ave B (op/corporate change)
• Dan and John's Wings (Dan and John's LLC), 135 1st Ave (bw)
Some beer for your wings.
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations