Tuesday, October 31, 2017
4 East Village restaurants earn Michelin stars
[Ko photo from August]
Michelin announced its 2018 Starred Selections for New York City restaurants yesterday ... for the 13th edition of the "Michelin Guide New York City."
Four East Village restaurants are on the list of selections:
Two Stars, "excellent cooking, worth a detour"
• Momofuku Ko, 8 Extra Place
One Star, "high quality cooking, worth a stop"
• Jewel Bako, 239 E. Fifth St. between Second Avenue and Cooper Square
• Kanoyama, 175 Second Ave. at 11th Street
• Kyo Ya, 94 E. Seventh St. between Avenue A and First Avenue
Eater reports that Cagen, 414 E. Ninth St. between Avenue A and First Avenue, was dropped from the list.
In summation, the 2018 NYC selections include:
• 5 restaurants with three stars
• 11 restaurants with two stars
• 56 restaurants with one star
• 127 restaurants with a Bib Gourmand (13 East Village restaurants made this list)