Thursday, December 19, 2019
EVG Etc.: City pledges to end street homelessness; MTA board approves plan for more subway cops
[At the great Russo's on 11th Street]
• Remembering the cyclists who were killed on city streets this year, including Chaim Joseph of the East Village (Gothamist... previously on EVG)
• The city's pledge to end street homelessness (Curbed)
• The NYCHA is the city's worst landlord (ABC-7)
• MTA board approves hiring 500 additional cops (The Post)
• What to eat at the new Essex Market and the Market Line (Eater)
• More stats and praise for the 14th Street busway (Newsday)
• City Councilmember Carlina Rivera wants to see pols gives up their SUVs for bikes (Daily News)
• Local blogger spots the "In the Air Tonight" car in action (Gothamist)
• Catch a screening of "My Mars Bar Movie" by the late Jonas Mekas this Saturday night (Anthology Film Archives... previously on EVG)
• The "Holidays at Metrograph" series continues with screenings of "The Thin Man," "Carol" and "The Apartment," among others (Official site)
• Diversions: Slayer fans lose their shit outside of Studio 54 in 1985 (CVLT Nation)
... and following the snow squall yesterday... the arrival of an R2-D2 on this windshield — obviously a promo for "The Rise of Skywalker" ...
... thanks to EVG reader Melissa for this photo from 3rd and A...
Posted by Grieve at 10:00 AM
Labels: EVG Etc.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What is it with people's fascination with drawing penises and testicles on snow?
Hey that's my car...just kidding not my car just a self portrait. hahaha
Newsday not Newsweek
Cuomo approved his own plan? Great job bud, we'll put that one up on the fridge.
My theory is that it's under-endowed males who draw genitalia in the snow. They have a fixation on what they're short on.
Ah, the seasons first snow penis!
I for one am pleased that the comments on this post are of the penistrator variety and not of the crazy old conspiracy theorists ranting about the mayor and the city council variety. A breath of fresh air on EV Grieve today, finally.
Well, now that you mentioned it, 9:23 a.m., the mayor and/or the city council could be resposibel for the snow penis and know the identity of and are in cahoots with the penistrator. You know, to distract New Yorkers from the real issues.
Post a Comment